Dear FRIENDS and PARTNERS:
As we now prepare for our December 17th Christmas Toys to Needy KIDZ Rally, we first want to thank Partners and FRIENDS for making it possible for us to give to 811 families Food baskets for their Thanksgiving Meal. In this number 25 Thanksgiving Baskets were donated to the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS) Youth Services Center (YSC) for parents of youth incarcerated at the facility.
As our last rally of the year, we look forward to sponsoring our CHRISTMAS Toys to Needy KIDZ Rally at the Harry Thomas Community Service Center on Saturday, December 17th, at 10:00am. The Harry Thomas Center is located at 1743 Lincoln Rd. NE 2002; and we look forward to providing children and youth in the community, as well as those who may come from families who are: homeless,living in shelters, in Foster Care, and siblings of incarcerated youth at the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services toys for Christmas.
Should you or your group/organization/small group like to donate new toys, or make an end of the year tax Deductible donation towards helping to provide toys for the children, your donation can be made out to: World Missions.
We would also love to have you and your family come and volunteer at the rally which would allow you to meet some of the families and children who will be receiving toys.
Thanks in advance for your donation and we look forward to having you and your family come be with us at the December 17th Toy Give Away,
Dr. JoAnn Perkins, President/CEO
- A total of 811 families received Food Baskets at our November 19th Thanksgiving Rally.
- This summer partnering with McLean Bible Church we gave away school supplies and backpacks to almost 2000 students attending Public Schools at the Back to School Rally.
- Provided 437 inner-city Children at the DC General Shelter and the neighborhood KIDZ Backpacks with School Supplies at the August Back to School Rally;
- By partnering with McLean Bible Church, provided 980 Thanksgiving baskets to families in need of food for their Thanksgiving Meal with their families;
- Provided to 300 families and their children ( a total of 843 children) who were physically present at the December 20th Toy Give Away Rally 2529; and additionally provided over 1000 gifts/toys to families referred to World Missions from the community, the Metropolitan Police Department and the Department of Youth Rehabilitative Service;
- Sponsors weekly fellowship mentorship visits to the Youth Services Detention Center;
- Provides Homeless people living in shelters care packages, food and clothing;
- Works with schools in its Adopt a School Program which involves after school mentoring/tutoring students;
- Through its Good Samaritan Programs, various clean ups, painting, setting up libraries and other good neighbor projects were undertaken through out the year
Have a Great Day and please consider becoming a partner as we can do more together reaching a greater number of children, youth and families in DC become sufficient in all areas of their lives.
Dr. J. Perkins, President/CEO
World Missions Inner-city EXTENSION Center Inc.